How to book tickets
You can purchase tickets for the Council-organized performances
online, by phone, or in person at the theaters' Box Office/Ticket Office.
Follow the instruction below.Online Booking Service
- Only credit cards are accepted.
- Tickets should be picked up at the Box Office/Ticket Office of a theater.
(Domestic call: 0570-07-9900/03-3230-3000)
- Phone lines are open every day between 10 am and 6 pm JST except on July 1 and during the New Year holidays.
- Payment can be made at 7-ELEVEN (convenience store) in Japan. Credit cards and cash (yen only) are accepted.
- Tickets should be picked up at 7-ELEVEN (convenience store) in Japan or at the theaters' Box Office /Ticket Office.
You can also come directly to the theaters' Box Office /Ticket Office.
(*Please note that same-day tickets are not on sale.)
- Open every day between 10 am and 6 pm JST except the dates below.
- Closed on July 1 and during the New Year holidays.
- Cash (yen only) and credit cards are accepted.
- In principle, purchased tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded.
In cases where the Council cancels or postpones an event, a special exchange/refund policy may be applied.
In such exceptional cases, we will notify you of our measures on this website and by other appropriate means.
- Ticket booking is available one day before the event.
No more tickets will be on sale on the day of the event.
Concessionary tickets are available to:
- Members of Azekura-kai and Bunraku-tomo-no-kai (only available in Japanese.)
- Seniors (aged 65+) *
- Groups of 10 or more*
*Student discounted tickets and discounted tickets for seniors can be booked only by phone or at the on-site Box Office/Ticket Office.
*For details of group discounts, please contact each theater:
- National Theatre: Business Division [email] firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Engei Hall: Business Division [email] email@example.com
- National Noh Theatre (Japanese only)
- National Bunraku Theatre (Japanese only)